Google

Monday, January 17, 2011

Best Thing About Food Blogging

It was about three years ago that I decided to start up a food blog right here on this free blogging site. I do not carry much (if any) web design prowess and started with only a few ideas but tons of recipes and excitement in my head. I feel a small sense of pride and accomplishment as I have posted several of these recipes that are available for anyone’s use at anytime. I have always loved Czech food and I love to cook, therefore I share my passion right here. I will keep plugging away on this site not only to simply offer up more recipes, but to reach out to more readers and gain more friends out there whether they are from Czech Republic, Slovakia, Cedar Rapids, Texas, Nebraska , Berwyn or Sydney, Australia.  I am appreciative of the comments and even occasional criticism by others on how they would make their Houska, Kolacky, Roast Duck or Svickova. One important lesson I have learned through comments from Czechs or even expats is that the regions of Czech Republic vary in the way certain items are prepared, be it one less egg, a half cup more flour, etc. My bohemian grandmother may make her poppy seed filling different than your Moravian uncle. That is fine. I will be happy to try your version and learn from it. Cooking can be very subjective and I am willing to lend an ear and a taste bud. Here’s to a tasty 2011.    

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Hello there, very happy to come across your site. I am personally looking at turning my travel blog (in which I got little if any travel) into a more food based blog. It's something I love and am good at. My husband and I just made kolaches today. They came out fabulous. Please keep this up!
-Elisabeth

Elisabeth said...

Please keep it up. I've recently changed my blog to a food blog. I actually found your website when looking for czech recipes after making kolaches with my husband. It's wonderful!
-Elisabeth

Anonymous said...

Came across your blog after looking for Czech recipes. I have a 94 yo Bohemian grandmother from Berwyn that still gives me the inspiration to cook. I have her recipes and some others and will be assembling them into a book for the family. nice blog thanks