Google

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Guy Fieri - The Man With the Dream Job

So I enjoy partaking in a little food network television just about every day since I am a foodie in my spare time and the winter in Chicago necessitates more "indoor time". One show that really stands out for me is Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives hosted by Guy Fieri. In case you haven't seen the program, the show is based on Guy travelling the cross-roads of America visiting all sorts of diners whether they are converted pullman cars or rickety old shacks that serve up the open face hot beef sandwich or steak hoagie. Each episode Guy visits assorted historic establishments that cater to all walks of life where the portions are considered abundant and the atmosphere is cheerful. Some of these establishments are quite impressive as they boast crome counters,seats and our placed on historic route 66.

One thing you can count on from Guy is that he will sample a sizable cheeseburger at just about every diner. I wonder how many cheeseburgers the man consumes in one year? I love the show though not just because Guy tastes all these great foods and travels the countryside. My interest is mainly appreciation of some really good recipes that have stood the test of time and originated from from people like you and I.

Sure it would be great to be the next food network celebrity chef, but give me the dream job of hosting Diners, Drive-In's and Dives anyday and I will see you on Route 66!



2 comments:

Dora said...

You might enjoy http://www.communitywalk.com/map/326003

4czech said...

That is a great link.I like the national view as listed per season. The show is akin to the other Food Network Show hosted by Paula Dean's sons titled Road Tasted. I am not sure if that show is still on.