Google

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kitchen Update

Well, my tin backsplash finally arrived. This is one of my final pieces to completing the kitchen, along with the wainscotting next to it. The project has been delayed due to ordering this part online. The trick now is to cut it without damaging the integrity of the design. I will give it a shot soon and get this last stage of our kitchen remodelling completed. I will try and get some pictures out here shortly. The project has been delayed due to outdoor improvements and waiting for this final piece.

On a side note, I did get into the kitchen this past sunday and made a fantastic German Apple Pancake from a recipe I found via google. The pancake had sort of a baked custard/french toast consistency with granny smith apples and cinnamon as the focal point. The recipe calls for one apple but I prefer to use two. This dish was a home run with the family. The family loves recipes with apples and this recipe reminded me on the german apple pancake my Dad would make many years ago on Sundays. Try this one out and you'll be impressed. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/German-Apple-Pancake/Detail.aspx

I am going to sign off now. I hope to get some photos of the kitchen out here soon along with Czech recipes. The warmer weather is forcing some of my cooking to take place on my patio grill. This weather has also ushered my time to be spent outdoors getting my garden ready for planting.

No comments: